Field Care Supervisors
Role: Field Care Supervisors
Marielle 24/7 Healthcare Services is seeking an experienced field care supervisor for a unique role.
This is not a traditional field care role; The role will not be working with care staff but will be working with new clients undertaking assessments and supporting to winning new business.
Marielle 24/7 Healthcare Services is an established care agency in Southwest London, Surrey, and the Surrounding UK Healthcare Network that provides support, guidance, and assistance to our clients in their own homes, also we work on a partnership with Residential care Home for the elderly people, Residential Home Care for Disability people and Nursing Home. As a leading care agency. Our aim is to help many thousands of people get the best out of life, supporting independent living within the comfort of their own homes and community.
We are now looking to recruit a Care Coordinator to work within our offices in the Kingston area.
- To conduct service reviews to update the Needs Assessment, Care/Support Plan and Risk Assessment documentation as appropriate
- To undertake local Quality Audits in line with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To monitor compliance ensuring all Service User and Employee files are maintained and updated as required
- To carry out field observations for all new Care Workers in line with our in-house training and development programme and take any appropriate action as necessary
- To communicate effectively with branch staff Manager, Care Coordinator and other internal teams as required.
- To implement quality control procedures and processes to ensure the Branch always achieves the required level of compliance.
- To ensure Health and Safety Legislation is always adhered to
- To undertake other duties as requested by your Line Manager or care Coordinator.
- To undertake on-call activities as directed by your Care Coordinator or Line Manager
- Ensure good quality care and support is being always offered
- Support care and support workers
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams
- Be experienced with updating care records
- Be punctual and reliable
- Able to be on call once per month
- Ensure care is carried out in accordance with the companies policies and procedures
- In-house training
- Continuous Personal Development
- Career progression opportunities
- Friendly team
- Seasonal gifts